Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

My advice is to take your Chromebook x360 along to the store & test them. 

We went to HP first &.... Nothing!

Went into a gadget store & they had the Picasso & voila...boom it worked.

HP must be more forthcoming with what will & won't work with this model.

Just Happy it worked.

Good luck.

HP Recommended

I doubt it will work, because it looks like it‘s a clone of Apple Pencil. At best, it might work as a passive pen, but even that is not certain. We already know that there is no built-in digitizer in this Chromebook. 

HP Recommended

No it does not. However, I read that a bluetooth pen may work better than capacitive pen have some pressure sensitive response such as line thickness nut have to do more research. Also, new technology pens are suppose to come out sometime this year, don't have the name of that technology available as  I'm writing. Again, need to do more googling. 

HP Recommended

First, which x360 do you own? There are two models and it gets confusing. One comes with an Celeron N4000 cpu and the other more expensive comes with an Intel i3. Full description: HP Chromebook x360, 14-DA0012DX, 2-in-1 14" Touch-Screen, 8th Gen Intel® Core™ i3-8130U,8GB RAM,64GB eMMC Flash Memory

The second one does not have a digitizer which is needed to use an active pen. I own this unit and this is the only real drawback but, I've been reading about the USI 1.0 Stylus (group of companies including HP are supporting this technology as it will allow you to use the same stylus on many devices, it is/will become a standard protocol).

I have read that that both units support USI 1.0 protocol but I have written to confirm this as well as to ask how will it differ from an active stylus (i.e. what kind of limitations). My fear that it will be a more refined capacitive stylus which is the best you may be able to get for a non-digitizer display. In closing, there is another type of stylus I read about which is activated using bluetooth but not to much info on that and to be fair, i didn't spend lot of time looking into that option. 

I don't know how the Celeron unit works (they both look basically the same) but the i3 unit I like a lot, especially if you can get it on sale for around $350. 'no-brainer'.  Hope this helps, GTORYDR

HP Recommended

I have the i3/64 unit and recently purchased the new i5/128. The latter is not x360, but it still has a touchscreen that doesn't have the digitizer which is frustrating. I don't think you're correct about the former supporting USI 1.0, because HP added it only to Chromebook x360 14b which is a different machine.

HP Recommended

It worked! It works  -

HP Chromebook x360-14" FHD Touch - i3-8130U - 8GB - 64GB eMMC - Silver White

-DA0012DX

Amazon link - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08121BNBS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It arrived with an i5 u8250 cpu

HP Recommended

see above reply - it works - again HP needs to be more forthright with what they supply.

We scored - ordered an i3 & i5 arrived.

HP Recommended

I clicked on your link that Elrlo_D provided in his post and it still shows that it comes with an i3 cpu and 64gb, there is an HP i5/128gb version but the link does not take you to this unit. The i5/128GB HP is not a Chromebook, it's a Windows machine.

The article I read was at virtual.com which stated that the HP 2-in-1 14" - 8th Gen Intel Core i3-8130U - 8GB/64GB Model 14-DA0012DX sold through Best Buy, Amazon, etc. but NOT from HP directly.

USI 1.0 Stylus for HP Chromebook x360 14b i3 CPU was written in an article at this site: https://universalstylus.org/first-wave-of-usi-1-0-active-stylus-products-hit-the-market/

I assume they got their information about the USI 1.0 protocol support on the HP x360, i3, DA001DX model came from HP. But as we all know informational mistakes happen often and that is why I wrote them which they responded by telling me they will be checking with HP directly to verify this.

Even if it is verified I will bet that a USI 1.0 stylus pen will not have same capabilities as an active stylus used on a Chromebook that has digitizer.  It will most likely be better than a capacitive stylus with more control over line size but this too will also depend on the application you are using.

Another site you can check out is:  https://www.chromecomputing.com/hp-to-launch-two-new-hp-x-360-budget-chromebooks/

HP Recommended

Are you sure it has an i5/128GB and is a Chromebook and not a Windows machine? Your link took me to a Chromebook, i3, 8/64GB.

HP Recommended

Here is the i5 version:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/hp-15-6-touch-screen-chromebook-intel-core-i5-8gb-memory-128gb-emmc-fla...

Best Buy was selling it for $349 last week. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.