Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 Convertible / X8M13EA#ABU / 15-ar052sa
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello. I'm trying to find some information about my notebook and it's compatibility with styluses/styli. 

HP ENVY x360 Convertible

P/N: X8M13EA#ABU

Model: 15-ar052sa

Firstly the link to the compatibility list is broken every time I try to check.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/error?errorType=404&source=document&documentId=c05166879

Secondly, The Virtual Assistant doesn't have my model on it's list when I check. 

Thirdly, I've seen others say that their notebooks are just not supported with no information after that. I know HP doesn't recommend 3rd party products but some kind of information that might help in finding the best possible stylus for their notebook would certainly help. I saw someone mention that HP makes thousands of models of notebooks and that its impossible to keep track of them all. That strikes me as irresponsible and failing to provide adequate support for their products.

What I want to know is what type of touchscreen do I have and what type of stylus will be the best to use on it for accuracy? Should I buy and active or capacitive stylus? Will a stylus with Bluetooth be better than one without? If HP's own 2 Pens aren't compatible then what should I be looking for so I don't waste my money?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Simon25 

==============================================================

Welcome to the HP Community.

Reminder to those reading:

Do NOT respond to vermin who post phone numbers or email addresses.

HP does not post phone numbers or email in Community messages.

==============================================================

The compatibility document has long been out of service.

It is unfortunate not even a holding page was generated to explain - but there we are.

Normally the Virtual Assistant can find a compatible pen - but only when there is a known compatible HP pen for the model series. 

In the case of your model series, there are no results, that is, there is no active pen for this 2016 model.

HP does not provide us information for non-HP products of this type.

I generally don't comment on what people say - there is little point and I don't expect to change your mind.

Where is the information you want?

Your product's specifications are not available online

Find Product Specifications When They Are Unavailable Online

What else?

Control Panel > icon view > Administrative Tools > Double-Click System Information

What else?

Find / Check for parts at PartSurfer / HP Parts Store

Reference:  HP Notebook PCs - Ordering HP Certified Replacement Parts

PartSurfer might be able to tell you exactly which parts came with your device.

Open PartSurfer

• Select your Country
  • Enter the device Product Number , Serial Number, or Part Number in the Quick Search box
  • HINT: To see a system-specific list, replace the Product Number with your device Serial Number
  • Items accompanied by a tiny box in the Add-to-Cart column are available for purchase

Parts marked as "n/a" are not available from HP.

Parts marked as available for purchase might be available from:  HP Parts Store

OR

If HP does not provide the part for retail purchase,

Use your search engine to find a compatible replacement at your favorite online store.

Device Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Device - Solve Problems

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software and BIOS, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Manuals / User Guides, Service and Maintenance Guide (Replacement Parts and Procedures), Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP ENVY x360 - 15-ar052sa (ENERGY STAR) 

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not a business group of HP..

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Question Resolved / Answered, Click "Accept as Solution" .

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.