chiragkapuriya
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Support for 4K @60HZ on HP Spectre x360 Convertible 13-ae0xx

HP Spectre x360 Convertible 13-ae0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just bought HP Spectre x360 Convertible 13-ae0xx a week back. I want to use external monitor with this laptop and after connecting 4K monitor i came to know that it supports 4K @30Hz only.

Is there any way i can use 4K monitor @60Hz with this laptop?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12,360 12,338 1,164 2,396
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@chiragkapuriya,

Welcome to the Hp support forums. I have reviewed the post. 

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number.

Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact.

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care and have a blessed week ahead. 🙂

Cheers!

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
SBG2
2 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How did you connect your 4k monitor? I just got my Spectre x360 -13t tonight, and doesn´t have a HDMI port.

Regards.

0 Kudos
chiragkapuriya
2 1 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Using a USB hub that came inbox.

0 Kudos
gs1964
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I had the same problem. With an HP docking station it does not work at all. HP support assured me that they have no docking station which is explicitely specified for this or of which they know that it works. You have two options: Use a USB-C to HDMI2 (the 2 is important) or usb-c to display port adaptor. Both work fine if your screen has the same connector and you have a good cable. Also there is a docking station from ICY BOX (RAIDSONIC) with the number IB-DK2501-TB3. It connects to USB-C , has another USB-C out and lots of connectors. Among those also Display port which works for me st 3840x2160 @60 Hz. It is not cheap but it's worth the money.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation