Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi all, this is my first post.

I have a HP Pavilion G6 1130SL (Ram upgraded to 8GB), OS: Win8 PRO 64 Bit (OEM).

My problem is with Switchable Graphic Card ATI RADEON 6470M.

I have downloaded the latest driver from HP DRIVERS SUPPORT but the graphic card(ATI) never works.

Bios updated to latest version F.66

I tried the latest beta driver from amd.com but the problem not resloved!

When i tried the windows 7 64 bit driver for ATI GRAPHIC CARD (On compatibility mode) the screen goes black and crash. (windows restart).

Hope this problem will be fixed by HP SUPPORT by upgrading the GRAPHIC CARD DRIVER becouse it wont work on WIN 8 64 Bit!!!!

Intel HD 3000 sucks!  :smileyindifferent:

Sorry for my bad english.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello again! After too many search on google i found a package driver that finally WORKS!

sp58660.exe [1/1, 297.14M]

Ati Radeon HD 6470M is showing up correctly to Device Manager, Dedicated memory 512MB, Graphics switching correctly!

Hope this help any member that have the same problem!

Thanks!

Sorry for bad english.

View solution in original post

30 REPLIES 30
HP Recommended

BUMP! Any response here!!

Made a big mistake trusting on HP

HP Recommended

@Francesko wrote:

Hi all, this is my first post.

I have a HP Pavilion G6 1130SL (Ram upgraded to 8GB), OS: Win8 PRO 64 Bit (OEM).

My problem is with Switchable Graphic Card ATI RADEON 6470M.

I have downloaded the latest driver from HP DRIVERS SUPPORT but the graphic card(ATI) never works.

Bios updated to latest version F.66

I tried the latest beta driver from amd.com but the problem not resloved!

When i tried the windows 7 64 bit driver for ATI GRAPHIC CARD (On compatibility mode) the screen goes black and crash. (windows restart).

Hope this problem will be fixed by HP SUPPORT by upgrading the GRAPHIC CARD DRIVER becouse it wont work on WIN 8 64 Bit!!!!

Intel HD 3000 sucks!  :smileyindifferent:

Sorry for my bad english.

Thanks!

Hello Francesko.

Can you elaborate on what you mean by "it doesn't work?"  Are you getting errors, freezes or hangups?  Are you expecting better performance than what you're receiving?  Does it even show up in Device Manager?  This information is very important.

Also, to confirm you're currently using Windows 8.  Is this correct?

I'll keep an eye out, have a great day.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I have windows 8 64 bit installed.

6.jpg

Ati card is showing up on device manager.  Here is a screenshot (before installing driver):

1.jpg

Trying to install the driver that i have downloaded here: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-117683-1&cc=it&dlc=it&lc=it...

Some screenshots:

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

After installation Ati Radeon Card is showing on Device Manager as 7400HD:

5.jpg

Restart not making any changes!

No Catalyst Manager on right click menu :

`6.jpg

😞

HP Recommended

Hello again Francesko.

I'd like you to try the following.

1. First, use this utility to completely remove your current drivers.  
  2. Reboot your computer.  Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.  Let this complete.
  3. Install this version of the driver.  
  4. Reboot your computer once again.
  5. Verify whether the problem persists and post the result.

Have a great day!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

HP Recommended

The same problem again.  Here is report.xml report from installation.

Thanks

HP Recommended

@Francesko wrote:

The same problem again.  Here is report.xml report from installation.

Thanks

Hello again Francesko.

I'd like you to try running the HP Support Assistant application and allowing it to update your drivers.  It may pull a different driver or a different version of the driver.  Here is a link to the application.

Have a great day.

HP Recommended
Thank you for this reply!
Installed HP Support Assistant but no updates available!
"Last check for hp updates 8/13/2013
Next scheduled check: Never
No updates available"
HP Recommended

Hello again! 

Warning

Windows 8 64 bit Users, don't use Amd Uninstallation Utility

This Uninstall utility completely messed up my Windows 8 installation, resulting in:
1) Loss of all power plans and inability to change any related settings.
2) Inability to enter Safe Mode / Advanced startup.
3) Messed up "Personalization" window - some themes missing and wrong names.
4) Messed up text "Language Bar", displaying DLL file names.
5) Probably more unseen.

6)Error code 2 on Windows Services.

System restore would probably be the only option to fix this or Clean Install of windows!

Here is another post http://www.overclock.net/t/1350750/win-8-users-warning-about-amd-uninstallation-utility

that has the same problem!

HP Recommended
Any help here ? What's going wrong with hp ?!
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.