Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
Katzenbauch Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Switchable Graphics does not work properly (HP Pavilion 17-f163ng)

HP Paviolion 17-163ng
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Dear guys,

I googled for around 6-8 hours now for options how to solve the problem.

Obviously and only naturally, I already downloaded newest drivers, AMD CCC, et cetera.

It is possible to set some games in the CCC to use High Performance. Actually, they did not before. So that's good. And the increase is awesome. So that's fine.

BUT: Others do not work at all. I added every .exe I could find concerning a game (Blade&Soul) to use High Performance and still, when I run application verificiations, the CCC does not even find that the game is running. And it's running with the bad GPU OBVIOUSLY.

So, the last bastion of resort I found was going to the BIOS and change the switchable graphics options. When I ran the BIOS, there was no switchable graphics option. So I tried to download the latest BIOS upgrade exactly from the HP homepage, exactly for my device, exactly the newest version, restarted, rebooted and tried again to access and change the option in the BIOS: nothing there.

So now is my question: are you kidding us, HP?? I have 2 gpu's, but only one is used at most times, and I cannot do anything against it? Are you serious? What is this? Why? Why does it not work? What is so hard with having an option to enable a primary GPU. To disable the sucking-one when playing games? Just why?

And please don't ask me to upload screenshots, system tests and stuff. I am not a dumb computer-nerd-noob. I am a person with a problem. A problem that should not be there. If you installed your laptops properly. You know?

Thanks.

p.s.

Did I mention it sucks that you still lack BIOS updates for years now?

2 REPLIES
Retired
Retired
3798 201 431
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Katzenbauch,

Thanks for becoming a member of the HP Support Forums. I understand you are having an issue with running a game. I will be glad to help you.

This computer is not a gaming notebook and does not have switchable graphics. Per the HP Pavilion Notebook - 17-f163ng Product Specifications., this has an intergraded graphic card. The  AMD Radeon R7 M260 Graphics (2 GB DDR3L dedicated).

This graphics card does not meet the minimum requirements to play "Blade & Soul".

Please keep me informed of how things went. 

If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help you.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".
To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below! :)

Thanks.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
Katzenbauch Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How does the Radeon R7 M260 NOT meet requirements when its score is like 3 times higher than the GeForce 8600 GT which is set as a minimum system requirement?

I don't get it.

Plus: As the application verification did not even detect the game when it was running, how do you know that I'm not right and the PC is using the weak R5 from the CPU like it did with other games before I updated the CCC and specified them to High Performance? If I am right, the problem has a pretty simple solution.

How can it be that I can set properties for switchable graphics in AMD's CCC when my laptop does not support switchable graphics? Isn't that weird...? When this laptop does not use switchable graphics but a fixed and a dedicated GPU, why does it not use the better, dedicated GPU when it comes to performance?

Why don't you address the problem and instead give me unsatisfying answers?
Why do you give me the answer I asked you not to give?

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation