Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
Charl_000 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Switchable Graphics

HP Pavilion 15-e078sa
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello, i have been looking around the drivers page for my laptop and i found an AMD graphics card driver i had a look online and the i found out that some hp pavilion notebooks have switchable graphics is was wondering if my laptop was compatible with it and how to enable it. i tried to install the driver and said that another device was detected.

3 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
100651 13894 21347
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Switchable Graphics

Hi:

Below is the link to the product specs page for your notebook...

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Pavilion-15-Notebook-PC-series/5355006/model/5435448/document...

It only has the onboard Intel HD 4000 graphics.

HP puts all the available driver combinations on the entire model series support pages.

That means the switchable graphics drivers would be for the HP 15-e### models that come with the AMD/Intel switchable graphics.

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
43868 3257 13564
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Switchable Graphics

Your Specs page says you have Intel graphics only:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Pavilion-15-Notebook-PC-series/5355006/model/5435448/document...

Some models in the series your laptop belongs to have switchable graphics. It is a hardware addon- not something which you can simply enable. HP posts drivers for all of the laptops in a series- that is why you see the aMD driver in your list. Sorry, wish the news was better.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the Thumbs-Up button as a way to say Thanks!***

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
43868 3257 13564
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Switchable Graphics

Oops. Looks like Paul was posting while I was gathering info. :)

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the Thumbs-Up button as a way to say Thanks!***

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation