Honor Student
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Synapitcs or wacom digitizer for HP Spectre x360 convertible

Spectre x360 convertible 13
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Loving my HP Spectre X360 convertible. It's my first touchscreen laptop and it's awesome!

So I did some research to find which active pen/stylus would work best and it appears the Dell does. So I bought one - the Dell active pen PN556W. It connects via bluetooth and the buttons work, however I can't draw or do anything else with the actual tip of the pen (I can with my finger).

I have a feeling it's because this particular active pen uses the new wacom technology but the HP laptop uses the older synaptics technology - is this right? Is there a fix for this? Otherwise, does this just mean I have to get an active pen/stylus that uses synaptics technology?

I would prefer an answer to this question rather than a comment telling me to buy the HP active pen please.

Thanks, Rebecca

3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Professor
Distinguished Professor
3,671 3,396 171 517
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
Nike1 Tutor
Tutor
12 10 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Lies. All of those videos are of the older model spectres. The mods here are either misinformed or are lying. or 

0 Kudos
Distinguished Professor
Distinguished Professor
3,671 3,396 171 517
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation