Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
limegardens Top Student
Top Student
3 1 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

T8B50AV touchpad stopped working 5 minutes out of box

HP Envy 17t Laptop T8B50AV
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I literally opened the box of my brand new custom HP Envy 17t laptop, went to 2 websites, walked away to find my flash drive, and came back to a touchpad that stopped working. I chatted with someone online who just sent me to a "resolutions" 800 number, and I have been on hold 1 hour 30 minutes. I watched the online video about hard resetting the computer when the touchpad stops working, but surely I wouldn't need to do this with a brand new laptop?!? (all the people with this issue in the support forum had the issue more than four years ago, and I am reluctant to try the hard reset since prior support requests on this issue are so old.)

3 REPLIES
Intern Intern
Intern
39 5 3
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello limegardens,

Could you please try installing this driver ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp63001-63500/sp63210.exe.

This should solve your issue.

Please let me know if you keep having the issue.

Regards.

I am an HP employee
0 Kudos
Top Student dcdom321 Top Student
Top Student
7 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey limgardens,

I am very sorry that you are having this issue out of the box. I know a lot of people have issues with their touchpad sensor that disables the touchpad. If you see an ambient light on the top left of the touch pad that means that your touchpad is disabled.
If this is not the case then there is a known issue on the Envy Touches where this can be easily fixed by updating the Drivers for the Touchpad and updating the BIOS.
Here is the link to download the updates:
http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-envy-17-u000-notebook-pc/10862141/model/11905945#...

Thanks For your patience!

I hope we can find a resolution for you!

Best Regards,
Dominic

I am an HP Employee.

Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post)

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
0 Kudos
beroun1 Tutor
Tutor
13 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, there are two drivers listed for each, the touchpad an the BIOS:

SP76938, SP77708 and SP75600,SP76349

Should I download all four, or just the two earliest ones (first two listed above)?

Also I am still awaiting the shipment of T8B50AV, should I assume that with the new shipment the

touchpad issue was corrected?

Please let me know.

Thanks

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation