Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 - 15-cp0598sa
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've had this laptop for a couple of months now however just recently for about a month i've been getting problems where randomly the screen will just start flickering violently. I have already tried doing a clean uninstall and reinstall of my OS, i have reinstalled and updated my graphics and bios drivers and still this problem continues. I also have a video of it at play if that would help. Thanks again for your time.

Video: https://www.reddit.com/r/laptops/comments/c25nsj/terrible_screen_flickering_on_hp_envy_laptop_had/

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@Xeonex_27,

Thank you for posting your query on HP Community,

Have you tried checking with an external monitor does the issue persist?

Does the issue persist on the BIOS page?

If the issue persists on the BIOS page it is a hardware issue with the display.

If the issue does not persist on the BIOS page try updating the graphics, chipset and BIOS on the PC to the latest version.

Uninstall the graphics driver from device manager and install the latest version of BIOS,chipset and graphics drivers on the PC using the HP support assistant.

Refer this article to know more information about using HP support assistant. Click Here

Refer this article to further troubleshoot display issues with the PC. Click Here

Let me know how it goes!

I hope you have a great day! 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, thanks for responding.

I don't have an external monitor however the issue does still continue within the bios page. To confirm again I have again uninstalled all my main drivers (graphics, bios, mobo etc) and have reinstalled them from the HP website and confirmed that it is the latest stable version. Sadly the issue still happens both on bios screen and on normal browsing.

HP Recommended

Thank you for replying @Xeonex_27,

As you have diagnosed the issue and it seems that the screen does flicker even in the Bios screen this definitely looks like a possibe hardware failure with the notebook.

I would recommend you contact our HP support team for further assistance. 

HP support team can be reached on this link

Let me know if you need any further assistance. I'll be more than happy to help you.

That said, Take care and have a great day!

Thank you 😉

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, I followed the link however it always loops me back to this community forum page and nothing else. I live in the UK and there's no live chat system etc and this is the only way. I'll also use one of my friends' external monitors and see what happens. If the issue does/doesn't occur on the monitor as well what should I do and who should I contact?

HP Recommended

Hi,

I had the same problem with a different Model. I found that I only had the problem when I was connected to a network using WIFI. Turning the WIFI off, or using a wired connection has solved the issue.

My Thread is here.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Flickering-Screen-driving-me-mad/m-p/...

Please give me a thumbs up if this worked for you.

HP Recommended

Yeah I tried disabling the wifi and also tried using it with a wired connection, Sadly the issue still pursues.

HP Recommended

@Xeonex_27,

As suggested this looks like a possibe hardware failure with the notebook.

I would recommend you contact our HP support team for further assistance. 

HP support team can be reached on this link

Let me know if you need any further assistance. I'll be more than happy to help you.

That said, Take care and have a great day!

Thank you 😉

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, yes. I've tried contacting support however in the UK the link that you provided me only leads back to this Community forum. Is there any other way? As everything I've tried on the website only brings me back here.

Thanks

HP Recommended

@Xeonex_27

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.