Nike1 Tutor
Tutor
12 10 0 0
Message 1 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

THE LATEST ENVY and SPECTRE x360's HAVE NO PEN SUPPORT THE ACTIVE STYLUS IS INCOMPATIBLE

HP ENVY x360

I Just want to let you guys all know that the new x360 Envy's and Spectre's have no pen support whatsoever. Previous models had a active digitizer. The latest line does not nor does it support any fine tip pen. Deceptive advertising from HP considering they had Ads up of the laptops next to their active pen. Infact as of now the Envy and Spectre webpage still recommend this uncompatible pen. The HP support on this forum and through calling in actually have little product knowledge and just regergitate what they see searching google and on the forums.

8 REPLIES 8
Distinguished Professor
Distinguished Professor
3379 3317 159 493
Message 2 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

THE LATEST ENVY and SPECTRE x360's HAVE NO PEN SUPPORT THE ACTIVE STYLUS IS INCOMPATIBLE

Hi!, @Nike1:

Welcome, to HP Forum !.

For X360 Envy and Spectre table, you can see ... http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05166879  

For X360 Spectre, you can see ... http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Spectre-x360-Active-Pen-Stylus-C...

You're Welcome !.
Best wishes and regards.
@Maké (Voluntary and "ad honorem").
Click the White thumb to say thanks.
Please, mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem.
PD : The experience is a comb that you are given, when you have become bald.
0 Kudos
Nike1 Tutor
Tutor
12 10 0 0
Message 3 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

THe first link 404'd and the second link was closed with no real solution. Again HP is advertising a pen for the x360's but the current laptops dont support it. I am already drafting my small claims as the false ads and recommendations have been there for months and still hasnt come down.

0 Kudos
Distinguished Professor
Distinguished Professor
3379 3317 159 493
Message 4 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi!, @Nike1:

Excuse me!. http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05166879

You're Welcome !.
Best wishes and regards.
0 Kudos
Nike1 Tutor
Tutor
12 10 0 0
Message 5 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

None of those are the latest edition. SHow me a video of a 2016 Spectre or Envy with pen support.

0 Kudos
Distinguished Professor
Distinguished Professor
3379 3317 159 493
Message 6 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi!; @Nike1:

See ... http://m.winsupersite.com/hardware/using-hp-active-pen-hp-spectre-x360

You're Welcome !.
Best wishes and regards.
0 Kudos
besweeet Tutor
Tutor
13 11 0 2
Message 7 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Maké wrote:

@hi!; @Nike1:

See ... http://m.winsupersite.com/hardware/using-hp-active-pen-hp-spectre-x360

Why do you keep posting things that aren't relevant? Any of us can use an Internet search engine. The fact is that the latest ENVY x360 and Spectre x360 simply do not support active stylus pens at this time.

0 Kudos
Nike1 Tutor
Tutor
12 10 0 0
Message 8 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

They refuse to add a disclamer for this on their shopping page

0 Kudos
ScottHarner Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 9 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP's own site list several active pens and then has a compatibility chart below each one.  I was told by HP Sales that the Active Stylus would work with my Spectre X360 13-ac023 but it does not. When i called support they told me they'd have to update drivers on my pc and charge me $99 to do so...and was rude about it??? His name is Alex Stuart btw.

I just bought the new computer AND paid almost $60 for the pen.  

THEN...

I see on the HP site the HP Pen (Microsoft) 1CP24AV "is" the pen that should work with my model however when I try to search and buy the site says no matches were found.....crazy diffucult.  

Please advise as I've requested a return on the first pen but would like to have one that works.

Best regards,
Scott Harner

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation