Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Laptop ar159nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello. I have found a solution to the laptop touchpad lagging/freezing when using my laptop. The only problem is that windows will not quit updating the driver.

If you go to device manager and right click on display driver and properties either try to rollback the driver first or uninstall the driver all together if the option is not there.

reboot the computer and this should fix the lag/freezing or slow response of the mouse/touchpad.

The problem i am having is that no matter what i do to window update it constantly downloads/installs the driver every time i reboot my computer. How do I make this stop downloading a problematic driver.

I hope this helps others with the slow response/lag and hopefully hp and windows will resolve this annoying problem!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Chip27,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I reviewed your post and I understand that Windows is automatically updating the driver.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you follow the below steps to stop Windows from automatically updating the driver.

1. Right click the Start button and select Control Panel.
  2. Make your way to System and Security.
  3. Click System.
  4. Click Advanced system settings from the left sidebar.
  5. Select the Hardware tab.
  6. Press the Device Installation Settings button.
  7. Choose No, and then press the Save Changes button.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.