Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Zbook 15 G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a HP ZBook 15 G5, i have 8 of them to be exact. I have a Samsung HD TV that we use for presentations. It is less than 6 months old. When I connect the HPs to the TV with a HDMI cable. The TV will flicker to a black screen then back to the desktop.

I have updated the driver, Updated the bios, and did all the HP and Windows updates. And I have changed the cables as well. But it still flickers. But I can connect an older Dell laptop with a HDMI splitter and it doesn't flicker. But I have tried a few different HPs but still get the same thing. I am using the HDMI splitter to eliminate the handshake issue. And that is how I got the Dell to stop flickering. But the HPs are still doing it. It goes to a black screen for a second or two then back to the desktop. 

Any help would be great, I have no more clues what to do.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.