Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Tactile mousepad left click (for highlighting text, etc) not working

Spectre-13 inch
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Ive been using my laptop normally and consistently for the past week as I work on school papers. I was doing some research in the library and using the mouspad as normal, but when I got home and began using it the mouspad stopped clicking. It still works in that I can move the mouse and tap-click, but the tactile left click wont work at all. I need to use the tactile click to be able to highlight text for my papers.

I tried turning it off and on again, as well as looking for a control panel menu that would solve this but have had no luck. I havent entered any command to make this happen so I'm at a loss on how to reverse it. Please help!

1 REPLY 1
Intern
Intern
118 108 0 21
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Tactile mousepad left click (for highlighting text, etc) not working

First, always restart the computer as that will often fix things.

Did you go to the touchpad settings and select the default button, which should bring the touchpad back to default settings? The touchpad is normally in the mouse settings.

What you might try is reinstalling the touchpad driver but before uninstalling it, have a mouse connected as you will lose the touchpad after you uninstall it. You can find the touchpad drivers on the HP website.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation