Honor Student
2 0 1
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Tapping not working after updating to windows 10

dv6-1220ev
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

As i mentioned in the title i am facing the following problem, after updating the os to windows 10 the tappig on the touchpad is not working even though all the settings seems to be right. Am i missing something here? Any ideas?

3 REPLIES
Retired
Retired
14461 711 1900
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Vasilisd,

Welcome to the HP Forum!

This is a wonderful location to converse with  the community, get assistance and find tips. For you to have a rewarding experience, I would like to include the following link for your perusal and reference:

First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More

I grasp that after upgrading to Windows 10 that you touchpad is not responding to taps. You have checked the settings which seem to be correct.

When I checked the software and driver page for your notebook, I noticed there are no drivers listed for Windows 10. This means that HP has not tested Windows 10 on your model and the outcome is unknown and therefore not supported.  On some models, if you double tap the upper left corner of the touchpad it will enable / disable the touchpad.  Is that a possibility?

Here are two links that may help are:

HP Notebook PCs - Using the TouchPad or ClickPad (Windows 10)

Troubleshooting the TouchPad on HP Notebooks in Windows 10 (Video) on YouTube.

You can also try uninstalling and deleting the driver and then restart your notebook.  This will allow Windows to install a driver.  Next, you could try installing the Windows 7 driver using compatibility mode. Here are links to assist you with that process:

HP Pavilion dv6-1220ev Entertainment Notebook PC software and drivers

Compatibility Mode (from windows10forums.com).

Please let me know if the outcome.

Thanks for participating in the HP Forums where we want to help you as well as others who may experience a similar issue as yourself. Please consider marking the post that resolves your issue as "Accept as Solution" to help other community members! To show appreciation for my efforts kindly click the "Thumbs Up" below. 

Sparkles1

0 Kudos
Vasilisd Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 1
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am sorry to inform that your answer did not help, because i have seen the certain video and followed these prticular steps but the problem persists.. That's get too frustrating because my laptop became less functional and in my opinion i believe that an update exists only to improve things, not to force the customer to buy a new lapt top. So is there something else that we can try??

Retired
Retired
14461 711 1900
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Vasilisd,

Thank you for the update.  As the previous suggest did not help I suggest you do a roll back to your previous operating system. This is an option for approximately 30 after the upgrade. If that option is not viable, I suggest you do a recovery back to factory conditions.  While doing the recovery there is an option to backup your data to prevent loss. The following links should help you with this process:

HP PCs - Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 10)

HP PCs - Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems (Windows 10)

HP PCs - Restoring Files that were Backed Up Using HP Recovery Manager (Windows 8) (Although this document lists Windows 8, the process is the same for Windows 10).

Alternatively, you could consider contacting HP Support for further assistance, as they can remotely connect to your system to help find and fix issues with your permission. You could also contact Microsoft for assistance with Windows 10. Microsoft Support Contact Us

Microsoft Corporation / Customer Support

1-800-642-7676

Please keep me updated on your progress.

Sparkles1

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation