Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Technical feature

HP OMEN 17-w012ur
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I would like to learn what version of the video card costs in this notebook? On the chip GM204 or GM206?

3 REPLIES 3
Provost Provost
Provost
19,532 17,443 1,624 3,818
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Technical feature

Darkpromo

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

Sorry, but unlike desktops, which use cards, laptops have chips that are soldered directly to the motherboard or system board, or come in the form of "modules".

Only a very limited subset of HP laptops actually allow the replacement of video or WiFi "modules" and, as far as I can tell, yours is not one of these models.

So, there is nothing you can purchase for video for your notebook.

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Darkpromo Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Technical feature

Sorry, but you dont understand my question. I asked what video card costs in this notebook gtx 965m n16e-gr or gtx 965m n16e-gs?

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
10,953 10,251 1,028 2,991
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Technical feature

Darkpromo, 

Using the word "costs" doesn't make sense, so WAWood had to assume you were wanting to change your video card.

Are you asking which video card is "installed" in your HP Omen, the  gtx 965m n16e-gr (new version) or gtx 965m n16e-gs (old version)?

If so, I doubt HP is going to have that much detailed information available to look up. Its not listed in the HP specs.

There are a couple of tools you can use to find specific details about your GPU.

1. Download GPU-Z and open it. It should give you the chip used as in the photo below.

Link: GPU-Z 1.16.0

GPU name.jpg

Notebookcheck.com had them listed as 1427 and 13D9 in their testing.

2. You can look up the Device ID and  Part Number in the Nvidia Control Panel, then look up (or ask Nvidia) which chip is used for that part number.

Nvidia System Information

You could always contact HP Support and ask them. They may or may not be able to pull up the info.

HP Worldwide Support Contact

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation