Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The screen on my HP Envy x360 won't rotate

HP Envy x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I'm really disappointed with my HP Computer. When I switch to tablet mode the display doesn't rotate and I have 2 updates that constantly fail to update. I've read several post from user with the same problem (screen rotation) and the Ctrl-Alt-Up Arrow doesn't work. I'm really frustrated and checking my receipt to see if I can return this HP computer and get the Lenovo. 

6 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
71122 8573 18462
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Pease try

1. Go to Control Panel,
  2. Display,
  3. Change Display Settings,
  4. Make sure that the "Allow the screen to auto-rotate" is selected or Lock rotation is off.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
0 Kudos
NikMad53 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I tried to do that but that option is "greyed" and I can't select it.

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
71122 8573 18462
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Do you connect it to anything ? Checking my two machines again, both run Windows 10 and I've got these:

rotate.png

rotate1.png

Regard:

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
0 Kudos
Bovineurosis Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am having the same issue. I am not a novice. The "Lock rotation of this display" is set to on and is greyed out and not available. In the display settings window, I did check the "Allow the screen to auto rotate" box and I did click Apply. When I tried to convert to the tablet function and it did not work, I returned to the previous settings screen and the "Allow the screen to auto rotate" box was,again, unchecked. The "Lock rotation of this display" option remained greyed out and still is.

The tablet function worked fined when the laptop first arrived. I love my new laptop but I did buy this specific one for the 360 functions.

0 Kudos
EmersonNC1 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If you have the AMD FX 7th Gen driver ..you will need to update the driver after recent Windows 10 update installs..I had problem and trouble shot to fix. My Windows 10 Control Panel still appears as if I dont have flip screen though ...but it functions

0 Kudos
e1zemun Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

OPEN REGEDIT AND GO TO HKLM/ SOFTWARE/ POLICIES/ MICROSOFT/ WINDOWS/ LOCATIONSAND SENSORS/ AND SET ALL TO 0 close editor and restart

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation