cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Thunderbolt 3 HP Zbook 15 G4 Displayport monitor issue

HP Recommended
Thunderbolt 3 Dock
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi!

I just got an Thunderbolt 3 Dock to go with my Zbook 15 and two displayport. The issue I have its hard to explain but I will do my best.

So first of all I got two HP Z24n G2 Display connected with displayport in Thunderbolt 3 dock, however they seem to respond randomly.. heres some scenarios

1. When I boot my laptop (one monitor activates and works fine, other one says No signal..) if I power down the working monitor the other one start working and the other one gets "no signal".

2. Sometimes when I boot both monitors works fine, if PC go to sleep I cant wake none of them up (both get no signal) and I need to open lid > disconnect powercable > login to laptop > connect power and then its the same thing again and only one monitor works..

I found one random solution that works 2 out of 10 tries :LaughingTears: if I power down both monitors, and disconnect > connect power cable from thunderbolt3 > laptop and press power button on both monitors simultaneously they both work..

- Thunderbolt3 got all latest drivers and I also tried to reinstall them a couple of times.

- Also tried other displayport cables (both are working fine in other docks)

- Tried edit powerplan to not go to sleep and to do nothing when lid closes.

I might have forgot some information, let me know if you need me to check something.

Im out of ideas and very grateful for any tips or solution.

Thanks,

1 REPLY 1
1 1 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Can someone from HP look into this? I also have a HP Zbook 15 G4 that will not connect to the dock's display port monitors or any monitors from the dock. I had to do a clean install of Windows due to this ridicoulous issue. Just look up reviews on the thunderbolt dock, do these even go through quality testing with a todler? Almost $2500 of equipment that doesn't work. Updated EVERY SINGLE driver so please dont send me any links to them and updated BIOS to the most recent version. If you want to say its the "order" that I installed the drivers, then send me a proper order. I'm tired of hitting dead ends with this issue that HP clearly doesn't want or is unable to fix. 

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation