Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 - 13-ap0799na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought my HP Spectre x360 - 13-ap0799na device three months ago and since then my two thunderbolts ports are functioning. at first, I thought the issue is because of my HDMI hub (thunderbolt 3 to HDMI) so I have bought a thunderbolt flash driver and another thunderbolt hub. yet nothing changed. I cannot connect any device through the two ports. my windows is up to date, and so are all the drivers. thunderbolt controller, firmware, and driver are also updated and so it is my BIOS. Please anyone can advise what to do to solve this issue? PS: my device is still under warranty. Thank you all in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Firand

Apologize for the inconvenience caused and I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue.

As you've performed relevant troubleshooting steps and confirmed its a hardware issue. 

I would request you to reach out to our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to check the available service options in order to diagnose the computer physically. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Firand,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I recommend you download and install the Thunderbolt controller driver from the below link and check if it helps.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp96501-97000/sp96871.exe

If you continue facing the issue, then update the BIOS from the below link and check.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp98501-99000/sp98902.exe

Follow the steps in the below article to update the BIOS.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c00042629

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you fossette, i did as you advised, but still the two slots are not working.

Please is there anything else i can do?

with thanks.

Firand

HP Recommended

@Firand
Thank you for posting back. 

Click here https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03327635 to troubleshooting USB Connections (Windows 10, 😎

Note: if its a hardware related issue with the USB ports then the computer needs to be serviced. 

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Dear Lake,

Thank you for your response. it did not work out.

please advise how can i contact HP and send he Laptop for service.

kindly note: I stay in Nigeria and my device i belive is bought from HP UK.

though, i am pretty sure that the issue is software. when i bought the PC the thunderbolts were not functioning too well, but by removing and connecting a device (flash driver) to it it would work. so i have installed a new Windows 10 home version thinking it might save the issue. however, the two ports then stopped working entirely.

Thank you again for your assistance.

Firand 

HP Recommended

@Firand

Apologize for the inconvenience caused and I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue.

As you've performed relevant troubleshooting steps and confirmed its a hardware issue. 

I would request you to reach out to our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to check the available service options in order to diagnose the computer physically. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.