1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Touch Pad

HP Envy 17 Touchsmart
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

HP Envy 17inch Touchscreen laptop.... I'm having a problem with my touchpad,it doesn't want to right click, anyone there with the same issue? Lucky for me it's a touchsmart so i can right click on the screen, but the left click is working.

PLEASE HELP!

Regards,

Rudi

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
5,278 5,204 268 361
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Touch Pad

@Rudi786

Welcome to HP Forums,

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

As I understand, right click on touchpad does not work, 

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

What is the product number of your device? Use this link to find it: http://bit.ly/2aSlUnS

(Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...).

When was the last time it worked fine?

Were there any hardware/software changes made?

Let's try these steps to resolve the issue: 

Change ClickPad click settings

Customize ClickPad finger click actions through the ClickPad properties in Control Panel.

1. Search Windows for 'mouse button', then click the Mouse or Change mouse settings Control Panel setting in the results.
  2. On the ClickPad or ClickPad Settings tab, click Settings or ClickPad Settings.
  3. In the Properties window, select the box next to Clicking if it is not selected, click Clicking, then click the settings icon .
  4. In the Clicking settings window, customize one-finger, two-finger, three-finger, and corner click actions using the drop-down menus. If the Configure button is enabled after your selection, click Configure, follow the instructions, then click Close.
  5. Click Apply to apply your changes, then click OK to exit the properties screen.

BIOS Update: Follow steps from the link http://bit.ly/2CoT1sh

Update the TouchPad or ClickPad driver with Windows Update (Windows 10)

1. In Windows, search for and open Settings, then click Update & security.
  2. Click Update & security.
  3. Click Check for updates.
  4. Windows Update checks for recent updates.
  5. The available updates are displayed and installed automatically.

Run HP PC UEFI Hardware Diagnostics Component test (F2) for Mouse

Run the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) to run tests on the computer's main components:

1. Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.
  2. Turn on the computer and immediately press the F2 key repeatedly, about once every second until the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu displays.
  3. From the main menu, run hardware tests and view the test logs, change the language, access system information, check the UEFI version number, and find the address for the UEFI website.
  4. Select Component Tests.
  5. Select Mouse. There are two mouse tests to determine if the mouse is functioning correctly, the Pointer Test and the Drag and Drop Test.
  6. Select the test you want to run and follow the instructions.

Bluetooth devices are not currently supported.

NOTE: If you need to end a test before it is complete, press the Escape key (esc).

7. If the component fails a test, write down the information so you have it available when you contact HP Customer Support. The information is also available in the Test Logs on the main menu.

Keep me posted,

For I shall follow-up on this case to ensure the concern has been addressed,

And your device is up and running again,

Have a great day 🙂

Cheers 🙂

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation