Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Post new question
Question

Top Student
Message 1 of 3 (138 Views)

Touch Screen Stopped Working

Product Name: HP Pavilion TouchSmart 14-n018
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My touch screen stopped working about a year after I bought this computer. Right before it stopped working completely random items started opening on the computer as if there was a phantom clicking on things. I thought it was a virus but none was ever found by many anti-virus scans and nothing else in the computer was harmed. I'm leaning more to thinking that it is a hardware issue.

Any help is apprecaited! 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Retired
Message 2 of 3 (107 Views)

Re: Touch Screen Stopped Working

Hi @Truthwarrior,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. I understand you are having an issue with the touchscreen not working. I will be glad to help you.

Please follow the steps fromTouch Screen Issues (Windows 8).

Please keep me informed of how things went. 

If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help you.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".
To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below! Smiley Happy

Thanks.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Retired
Message 3 of 3 (107 Views)

Re: Touch Screen Stopped Working

[ Edited ]

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation