Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Do not know name of computer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello:

My computer would not boot up for me last week so I took it to a certified dealer.  He got it booted up and then said my laptop started to smoke.  Taking it apart again he found a chip was fried and replaced it with parts he had there.  So I collected my laptop and paid the bill.  When I got home I noticed my touchscreen was gone.  Followed instructions of going to device manager and to Human Interface Device to see if my driver was there for touch screen and it is not.  Called this tech back and he said the chip only dealth with power issues.  Now I have gone to HP and keyed in the serial number on my laptop because I did registered computer when bought less than 2 years ago and did diagnostic on drivers.  Whatever came back I installed and cold booted the computer.  Still no touch screen.  What is doing on here?  Any suggestions to help me please???

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.