lacyayn
4 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Touch pad and keyboard acting up

HP Recommended
HP 250 G6
Chrome OS

Hello, I have an HP 250 G6 laptop currently running windows 10 pro. All the sudden my touchpad and keyboard started acting up. The keyboard intermittently  will jump around and sometimes some of the keys won’t type. This hasn’t been as bad since rebooting but still happens occasionally. More often and more frustrating however is my touchpad. The left button doesn’t seem to work all the time. It also will “grab and drag” even when I haven’t tried to drag anything. I’m assuming the button is going out but when I run the self diagnostic, it says it is working fine. I have uninstalled the software several times and have tried going back to another point when it was working better. No real change though. Sometimes it does improve after rebooting but not always. Wondering what to try next. This all seemed to happen out of the blue after my cat walked across the keyboard. Checked settings but can’t seem to find anything off. 

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation