Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 240 g8
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everybody.
I recently reset my laptop, after that the touchpad stopped working.
I have already done all the procedures ...
the computer doesn't recognize the touchpad (it's not present in the device manager).
does anyone know the solution? thank you.
sorry for my bad english

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi,

I am assuming tags, you are using HP 240 G8 notebook.

Ensure: BIOS, Audio Drivers and video drivers are up to date.

Drivers page link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/product/hp-240-g8-notebook-pc/38122904/drivers

Perform Audio test in F2 HP UEFI Diagnostics (restart notebook and keep tapping F2 key to enter into menu).

If you are not able to hear any audio in test, it will confirm if it's hardware issue and you can raise complain and get it repaired.

If you are able to hear audio in HP UEFI audio test, then it's a software issue and OS drivers/bios update may resolve the issue, if not re-install OS with HP Cloud recovery.

Thanks & Regards

VG

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users:
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Thanks & Regards
VG
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.