Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
ENVY x360 M6-W010DX
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Laptop was bought by inexperience user. They did not back up data. HDD failed. Replaced HDD. Display 

-  fa d 

Touch screen works intermittently in BIOS.   In BIOS, drag and drop fails, only able to move 2 or sometimes 3 blocks.  Touch screen for the block erasure works but not consistently. Sometimes touches on all blocks register, other times one row of 4 blocks, 2 rows of 5 blocks, or even the top 1/3 of the screen do not register.

WIndows - for Pen and touch support it only says Pen support. Touch screen does not function at all in windows. I've gone into device manager, disabled/re-eneabled HID compliant touch screen, uninstalled the driver and rebooted to allow it to reinstall. When I go into Tablet PC to setup, tapping the screen does nothing since it's configured as a Pen device only, no support for plain touch.

Ran the update manager, patches up to date. BIOS up to date. I'm guessing it's a windows setting since touchscreen does work in B IOS, even if inconsistently, but not at all in Windows.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@hfeid

Thank you for responding,

It's great to have you back 😉

As I've mentioned in my post, you should be able to Contact HP to set up a hardware service as the fact that you've checked in BIOS and the issue persists on that screen as well, confirmed a hardware malfunction.

I recommend you do the same, alternatively, if the PC is no longer covered by an HP warranty, you may replace the faulty parts using the HP PARTS STORE and look up the parts using the HP PARTS SURFER.

Keep me posted for further assistance 😉

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@hfeid

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂 

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. 

As I understand the touch screen in your ENVY X360 intermittently works in BIOS, not in Windows,

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution: 

Did you run a hardware test on the touchscreen?

(Click here to know - how to run a test on the touchscreen)

While you respond to that, here's what you need to know:

The touchscreen is interactive and would give you the failure code/ID that would help you get a replacement LCD via HP,

Considering the fact that you've checked in BIOS apart from all the other steps you've done, confirms that this is a hardware malfunction, I recommend you Contact HP to set up a repair/replacement service order:

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get the phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

They will be happy to assist you immediately. 

If the unit is under warranty repair services under the manufacturer's warranty will be free of charge.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

As I stated in my original post, I ran the component tests. Even though I was unable to complete the drag and drop, there was no code returned when the test exited. On the touch pointer tests, for the ones in which I was unable to register touches on all sections, when the test exited there was no code displayed.  When I check the test logs, even though I was unable to complete the tests and I did not hit Esc, the logs say the result was Canceled.

HP Recommended

@hfeid

Thank you for responding,

It's great to have you back 😉

As I've mentioned in my post, you should be able to Contact HP to set up a hardware service as the fact that you've checked in BIOS and the issue persists on that screen as well, confirmed a hardware malfunction.

I recommend you do the same, alternatively, if the PC is no longer covered by an HP warranty, you may replace the faulty parts using the HP PARTS STORE and look up the parts using the HP PARTS SURFER.

Keep me posted for further assistance 😉

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you very much for your assistance. Unfortunately the parts store price for the LCD panel is $635 including shipping, etc,  almost the cost of a new laptop. That is BEYOND INSANE!!!!!!

Directly, exclusively, because of that price,  I've ordered a brand new touchscreen laptop from Dell with more ram, a faster CPU and onboard CD/DVD burner for a bit more than the replacement HP component would cost, and several hundred less than this laptop's original cost.  Thanks again.

HP Recommended

@hfeid

Thank you for replying,

I understand your concern (That's quite expensive, I agree) and to help you out,
I have escalated your concern to HP's Support Team in your region to have it reviewed for available options (if any). 

You should be contacted within 4 business days (Excluding Holidays & Weekends). 

Response times may vary by region. 

Please send a Private Message, if you aren't contacted within 4-5 business days.  

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (such as serial numbers and case details).

And Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well, 

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.