12-08-2012 01:56 PM
After installation of Windows 8 on my HP Pavillion dv3 2310er laptop Touch screen of Display doesn't work anymore. Tried to install sp45210.exe driver with some luck: it started to react, but reactions were absolutely incorrect.
12-10-2012 12:26 PM
More than likely HP is not going to support hardware for Windows 8 on any system purchased before Oct 1st 2011. Most Windows 7 drivers will work in Windows 8.
Check out this page to see if your computer has been tested by HP with Windows 8.
You can run the Upgrade assistant software, which will scan your PC and generate a report on what is currently installed on your PC is compatible with Windows 8. This upgrade guide for Windows 8 provides a lot of information that is needed for anyone considering upgrading.
- Troubleshooting display brightness (Windows8, Windows7 and Widnows Vista)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Green Screen and Other Video Playback Issues (Windows 10)