Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 3 (368 Views)

Touch screen is not working HP envy m6-K015dx

Product Name: HP envy m6-K015dx
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I had disabled the HID-compliant touch screen driver some time ago. It was working fine then, now that I have re-enabled it, touch screen is not responding at all.

I have tried reinstalling the driver, perfomed the system updates, callibaration of the touch input from table pc settings, perfomed a touch screen diagnostic test in HP Hardware Diagnostic UEFI, but the problem is not resolved. I have tried all of the steps except step 6 and 7 which asked for system restore and recovery from the following link:-

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03488148

I want to know if there is any way that I can get my touch screen working without performing system reset as I have some important softwares running, and dont have an external drive to backup my data in case of factory reset?

Note:Also I am unable to install a fresh copy of windows as I have forgotten BIOS password, halt code show in 75104257.

0 Kudos
Retired
Message 2 of 3 (339 Views)

Re: Touch screen is not working HP envy m6-K015dx

Hello @itkhan,

Welcome back to the HP Forums!

I have taken a look at your post and see that you are having difficulties with the touch screen on your HP Envy TouchSmart m6-k015dx. I would like to help you resolve this issue.

Please begin with a hard reset. I see you were using one of the HP documents for troubleshooting, try giving this one directed to notebooks a try; it is very similar but a few steps are different:

HP Notebook PCs - Touch Screen Issues (Windows 10)

If that does not resolve the issue, try restoring the BIOS.

I look forward to the results!

If this information is helpful, click the thumbs up.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping.

I work on behalf of HP
Tutor
Message 3 of 3 (296 Views)

Re: Touch screen is not working HP envy m6-K015dx

I have had the very same issue ever since Microsoft forced me to go to 10.  I tried everything, Microsoft tried, HP tried a little and it still does not work.   Even worse, HP hasn't even tested this laptop with windows 10, thus support is a joke!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation