Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Spectre X360 Convertible 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Product name:  HP Spectre X360 Convertible 15-df0xx

Touch screen is no longer available, 

I have recently downloaded the game Valorant onto my laptop and one of the features is a security measure to track hacked clients by disabling some features. But as of today (5/6/98) I have noticed that my touch screen is not working and in my 'View Pen and Touch Info' says that 'pen and touch input is not available for this display'. But I do know my notebook is touch screen because its a convertible notebook that I can fold into a tablet mode.  I did update my windows and my BIOS system. I also noticed that my ELAN EZTouch Filter has a yellow triangle on it. 

update: i checked and found that my HID compliant touch screen driver is hidden and I got this message- 

'Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. (Code 45)

To fix this problem, reconnect this hardware device to the computer.'

And I checked my ELAN EZTouch Filter -

'Windows cannot initialize the device driver for this hardware. (Code 37)

The driver was not loaded because it failed its initialization call.'

Update 5/11/20:

My touch screen is working again, dont fully know what I did - but turned on my laptop and opened the game that was giving me the issue, closed it and then restarted my laptop and my touch screen is working now.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

As a fellow HP Spectre user, I have discovered that Riot's anticheat is blocking multiple important programs and drivers including throttlestop and the aforementioned touchscreen. Just disable the anticheat until you want to play Valorant 😕

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.