Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp Pavilion X360 13-u104TU
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, i was really enjoying touch screen on my X360 laptop till yesterday. It now not responding. In about section, pen and touch support: pen or touch is not available for this device. I have tried every single possible steps and followed the steps mentioned in community and Google any other similar problems but still the problem /issue is not getting resolved I have checked in device manager HID section where HID touch driver is not showing. I have checked in hidden drivers also kindly try to understand my problem and try to give genuine solution. is it possible that Windows or HP have disabled the touchscreen facility in my laptop tho I am using it for the last 5 years

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Subhainr Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that the touchscreen is not responding.

Do not worry. I will try to fix the issue.

I have a few steps that should resolve your concern: 

I recommend checking if the Touch is working on BIOS (Accessed by tapping on F10 while restarting the computer). 

If it works on bios, it's a software issue, update the drivers from the HP Website, if the issue persists: please reinstall windows using the recovery partition or the recovery media to fix the issue 

Attempt to run a test using the HP hardware diagnostic tool

If it doesn't work on BIOS or the diagnostics tool either,  

it's a hardware failure and you may need to Contact HP to set up a hardware repair service. 

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.