Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Envy 360x
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

looking for help on my issue. 

Purchased Hp envy 360x I7 8th gen in January. Everything was working well. 

Today all of a sudden the keyboard and touchscreen stopped working. I’m using windows 10 64bit. 

Did a little of google troubleshooting. Lot of posts on putting a sensor off in system settings. That got the keyboard to work. 

The machine still refuses to go to tablet mode and the touch screen does not register. Please help!! 

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Also one additional info - this issue happened after my trend antivirus subscription got over. i uninstalled the program from the control panel. this issue started sometime after that. 

the elan eztouchfilter in the device manager shows a exclaimation with the following error - this device cannot start - (Code 10) A request for the HID Discriptor failed. 

HP Recommended

@Kunalwani Welcome to HP Forums Community!

I suggest you follow the below steps to resolve the issue:

1) Go to Device Manager by tapping the Windows + X button at the same time and selecting the same from the menu that should appear on the screen.
2) Locate the device that is causing the code 10 error. Right-click it and select Uninstall on the context menu. Note following screenshot is just for your reference. The device name will vary depending on the specific device.
3) When prompted to confirm the uninstallation, check the box next to “Delete the driver software for this device” and click the OK button.

4) Restart your computer and check to see if the problem is resolved.

Also, have you installed another anti-virus program on your device? after the last one expired?

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, 

Thank you for taking the effort to reply. 

have done all of the basic troubleshooting. on deleting the drivers for the HID device for touch & restarting they error comes back. 

the yellow asterisk shows up on the ELAN EZ touch filter in the device manager - if i delete the drivers the computer switches to the HID-compliant touch device.
only if I disable the Intel integrated solution do the keyboard & touchpad come on. when I do this there is still no touch input on the screen. 

on the antivirus front - I didn't install any other antivirus after deleting the trend antivirus software. have done a full format & reinstalled windows since then. the problem still persists. 

dropped the machine off at an HP service center, they could not figure it out. I was told they tried running the screen on an open hardware environment with barebones hardware to isolate the problem. no clarity received yet. 

one more piece of information if it helps - when I put the computer on from a standby state - on the lock screen the touch, the keyboard & the touchpad all work for 2-5 seconds & then they go off. when I put the sensor off I can get the keyboard & trackpad to come back on but not the touch input on the screen. This makes me believe that it is not a hardware issue. 

please help !

HP Recommended

@Kunalwani The fact that the issue persists after the OS reinstallation as well, could point at a hardware malfunction, however, since you think otherwise, I recommend making use of a recovery media to revert to factory settings, like the one you have used could be corrupt or contain the issue, please click here for information on obtaining one.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

i've tried but it ain't working

HP Recommended

@RIDHWAN325 if you've got a recovery media, you've used it and yet it doesn't work, there could be a hardware malfunction we need to deal with and I suggest you talk to HP support and discuss your options:

follow the below steps to get started:

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Click on "Continue as guest".

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Click on "Show Options".

Fill the web-form, to populate a case number and phone number for yourself!

I hope that answers your query,  

If it did, simply select "Accept as solution", to help the community grow, 

And if you wish to thank us for our efforts, click on the thumbs up for kudos.

Have a great day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.