Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Touch screen not working after Windows 10 Anniversary update

Stream x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I updated to Windows 10 Aniversary Edition a couple of days ago and lost the use of the touch screen. I have done some research and found that the HID compliant touchscreen is no longer showing up as a Human Interface Device in my device manager. Is there a way I can re-download this or is there another way to get my touchscreen to work again?

4 REPLIES 4
Professor
Professor
1577 1567 133 303
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

'

0 Kudos
Professor
Professor
1577 1567 133 303
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am not sure if this will apply to your x360 laptop but there was an issue with the touchscreen getting disabled by Windows updates with the Stream tablets.  There is a thread here, the fix was reinstalling the touchscreen driver from the hp.com site.

0 Kudos
i__i Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I understand that to fix the problem I need to re-install the touch screen driver but unfortunately, I can not find it on the hp website. I have looked through the drivers for my laptop and there are drivers for the touchpad, but I cannot find the one for the touchscreen. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Professor
Professor
1577 1567 133 303
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

In that case, you might try reinstalling the Intel chipset drivers from the hp.com site.  They are required to get the touchpad working on the Stream notebooks, I'm not sure about the touchscreen.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation