3 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Touch screen stopped working

Pavillion 15-n023cl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi friends,

New to the forum, and I'm hoping someone has a solution for me. I have been having an issue with my touchscreen... it doesn't respond at all. It had been working, and while I don't know exactly when it stopped, it's not working now. I have a Pavillion 15-n023cl, running on up-to-date Windows 10 64-bit.

Everything else is working fine...the display is in pristine condition, and there are no cracks, stray lines, scratches, or anything out of the ordinary on the screen that would make me believe it's a screen issue.

I've tried just about everything on the forums and on the Internet, including:

• Cleaned off the screen with a microfiber screen-wipe 
  • Restarted the laptop...removed the power cord and battery, tried again...still not working
  • Updated all drivers via the HP driver app
  • Did a system restore back to a point where I knew the touch screen had been working
  • Reinstalled AMD drivers and input drivers
  • Flashed the bios to the most current version
  • I've looked in the setup for a setting that would control the touch screen
  • In Device Manager, under Human Interface Devices, there are only two drivers listed: HID- compliant wireless radio controls and HP Wireless Button Driver. Under Hidden Devices, there is an item HID-compliant touch screen. However, it's grayed out, and right clicking only gives me the options to Update Driver Software, Uninstall, Scan for hardware changes, and Properties. No Enable.   I've tried all of them..including uninstalling to attempt to force they system to re-install the drivers. Nothing has worked.

I've tried every item in Settings, and can't seem to get the the touch screen to work. 

Any new suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Then maybe I can get some sleep!

Thanks in advance!

AZF713

4 REPLIES
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
14296 941 1576
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @AZF713

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I appreciate you taking the time to share your concern and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers.

Saw your post and I understand that the touchscreen is not working on your computer.

I’d love to help!

Awesome job on diagnosing the issue correctly and performing smart troubleshooting before posting your question on HP forums. Kudos to you on that score.

Follow the steps in the below link to fix this issue.

http://hp.care/2blPMa0

Let me know how it goes. Awaiting your reply!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. Take care now and have a splendid week ahead.

Take care!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
AZF713 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thabnkjs for the reply! 

I opened the article you sent, and I had performed the relevant steps -- up to the UEFI diagnostics -- and they either didn't work, or the options weren't available. 

I tried the UEFI diagnostics, but pressing F2 after the hard restart brought up an entirely different screen from the one in the artice. Mine was a very simple white on black screen, with only 3 choices: hard drive test, memory test, and exit. Looking at the screenshots in the article, I downloaded the software and installed it. However, the same screen would come up after the restart | F2, so I installed the software onto a USB stick, reset the start order in the BIOS, and the diagnostics came up.

THat's where the story ends, as there was no choice in the list for the touch screen. Closest thing in the list was mouse/touchpad, but that was not what I needed.

I'm going to wait to try the Windows reset...I want to back up the laptop first. 

Interesting find...when I go to the device in Device Manager, the touch screen is in the hidden items, and, as I had said earlier, grayed out. I looked at the Events tab, and it showed that the screen had been configured at one point (10/19/2016) in input.inf. So I looked for that file, and the touch screen does appear to be in the file:

3.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

Don't know what all that means, but should I assume the Touch Screen is being found? Or, more accurately that it was found and running back in October, but somethng happened between then and now to render it unusable. I cannot go that far back with system restore, so after I back up, I'll try to restore Windows. 

I just don't relish the thought of having to reinstall everything that's already been installed. 

I'll post more when I have it.

Thanks again.

Z

0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
17 0 9
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solution 1 :

First in Device manager, 

Right click on HID-compliant touch screen

Select Uninstall.

Click allow and follow uninstallation procedure.

Then Download the Driver given below and install it.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp63001-63500/sp63116.exe

Solution 2 : I found solution to common touchscreen issues in this blog. It may help you too.

http://tech.theinfiniteinfo.com/2016/12/solution-hp-touchscreen-issues.html

Solution 3 :You may need to replace your Screen. If warranty period hasn't expired then you need to contact hp. Otherwise Replace Screen From nearby Authorized service provider.

If this solution has worked mark Reply 'Accept as Solution'

Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right if you wish to say Thanks, Give KUDOS
0 Kudos
AZF713 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply!

Unfortunately, none of the solutions you proposed worked.

I downloaded the driver, and when I ran it, the following error appeared:

2016-12-21_22-33-22.jpg

Nothing in the blog was new information; I had tried all of that before, and nothing worked.

Thanks for reaching out, though.

Best,
Z

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation