09-21-2019 04:02 PM
Hello, my TouchPad often starts to hang. The cursor freezes or begins to jerk randomly. I installed different drivers, this does not help, after some time everything seems to be done. Computer Mice work correctly when TouchPAd is not working correctly
09-23-2019 10:34 AM - edited 09-23-2019 10:35 AM
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.
- Did this happen after a recent window or software update?
While you respond to that, let's try these steps:
Firstly, perform Hard Reset: Follow steps from the link: https://hp.care/2GnkMa8.
Next step, BIOS default:
- Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.
- Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.
- On the BIOS Setup screen, press F9 to select and load the BIOS Setup Default settings.
- Press F10 to Save and Exit.
- Use the arrow keys to select Yes, then press Enter when asked Exit Saving Changes?
- Follow the prompts to restart your computer. Once it's done uninstall the Touchpad device,
Next, uninstall Touchpad device from device manager.
- Press Windows+X to open the menu, and choose Device Manager on it.
- In the device manager, expand category "Mice and other pointing devices".
- Under this category, right-click on your Synaptics Touchpad driver and click on Uninstall.
- You may be required to confirm the uninstallation. Check the box next to "Delete the driver software for this device" and click OK button.
- Restart your PC for the change to take effect. After restarting. Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.
- Do not perform any manual upgrades to the driver until it does automatically
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee