Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
Juno_22 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Touchpad and mouse buttons not working

Pavillion n090sa
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

After having to re-install Windows 7 on my laptop I've found that the trackpad and associated mouse buttons are no longer working.

The keyboard works fine.

The touch screen works fine.

When I inserted an external mouse, it automatically installed the driver and worked without issue.

I installed the Synaptics TouchPad Driverbut that didn't make any difference.

I also tried removing the battery, holding the power button for 30 seconds, re-instering the power cable (but not the battery) and booting up the latop. 

It was working fine before the re-install so I can ssume i's not a hardware fault and if the keyboard works the interface cable is also working...

Just wondering if anyone has had the same issue and can suggest anything?

1 REPLY
Retired
Retired
14461 711 1899
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Touchpad and mouse buttons not working

Hi @Juno_22,

Thank you for your inquiry.

I understand that you had to reinstall Windows 7 and now the touchpad is not responding. When I checked the specifications for your model, I noted it came with Windows 8 preinstalled, but Windows 7 is supported as there are drivers listed for it. HP Pavilion TouchSmart 15-n090sa Notebook PC Product Specifications.Some models allow you to disable the touchpad by double tapping the upper left corner of the touchpad. Have you tried enabling it by double tapping the upper left corner?

If you check Device Manager is there an error on it?

Did you download and install the touchpad driver from the HP website?

HP Pavilion TouchSmart 15-n090sa Notebook Software and Drivers

Have you run the HP Support Assistant?

Have you run the Windows troubleshooter?

Here is a link to HP Notebook PCs - Using and Configuring the TouchPad (Windows 7 and Vista) that may also help.

Please let me know the outcome.

Thank you for participating in the HP Forums! We want to help you as well as others who may experience a similar issue. Please consider marking the post that resolves your issue as "Accept as Solution”  to help other community members! To say thanks for the assistance, please click the “Thumbs Up Icon” below.

Sparkles1

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation