Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Probook G4 470
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've just bought this notebook but my clickpad does not seem to recognize left nor right clicks. Tapping and pointing works fine though. I've followed the HP Troubleshooting Guide which leads to the following image:

But I can't see those 'Clickpad Settings'. For me it just displays the following

Synaptics Clickpad V1.3 on SMB Port

Driver Version: V19.3.8.6

Firmware Version: 1.3

Interface: SMB

And then 'Enable' or 'Disable' and a checkbox for 'Show Tray Icon in Taskbar'.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@carlos24

System:

HP ProBook 470 G4 Notebook PC

The documentation you are viewing is likely not fully relevant to your Business notebook.

Your TouchPad "Mouse Properties" may be somewhat similar to the one on my ZBook:

TouchPad_Settings_Enable_1.JPG

If the Properties menu lacks the "Microsoft Mouse and touchpad" box, open Mouse settings:

Settings > Devices > Mouse > Mouse and TouchPad

Dragon Document Reference:

Enable / Disable Touchpad

Read:

The User Guide provides help on using the TouchPad installed in your computer >

Chapter 4, Page 24 Screen Navigation > Using the ToucPad and touch screen gestures

Click the Thumbs Up to say Thanks!

Click Post that answers your question "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Hi, 

Thanks for your reply. It does mention the "Microsoft Mouse and touchpad" option, I forgot to mention that.

I've basically tried a lot of things, based on comments I've read on the HP forums and elsewhere:

- Adjusting the settings in the Windows menu

- Installing other drivers using the Device Manager

- Loading the BIOS default settings

But none of these seem to work. I'm guessing it could be a hardware problem but I read that this is very unlikely with a new notebook.

HP Recommended

@carlos24

It might be time to take advantage of that nice warranty that comes with your business notebook.

At the least, the HP agent might have something on their list that I missed.  I use my touchpad only as a "backup" to the mouse I have attached.  I might well have missed a setting or a method to check / enable a setting.

If the issue is indeed hardware, at least you will be speaking with someone that can help with that.

Submit Case - Notebooks

Open HP Customer Support - Laptops >

Enter your precise Model / Product name in the space provided and Click Search icon

OR

Select 1 > Narrow your Selection >> Click on the icon for your notebook type / series

When your computer’s page opens > Click last tab (on the right): Get Help from HP

More ways to contact HP Support:

USA / Canada

HP Contact Information – Sales, Technical Support, other Contacts 

USA / Canada

Fill in form (explain issue / provide computer identification information / submit) and receive Case Number and Contact Information

Contact HP – USA - Assistance

HP Contact Information - Including UK

HP Tech support/ Customer Service – Some English-Speaking Countries

HP World-Wide Support

Help to find Product Number:

Identify my Notebook Model

Warranty Check

Warranty Check – Single or Multiple Devices

HP Limited Warranty Statement (General Information)

HP Worldwide Limited Warranty and Technical Support

Optional Coverage Plans:

Enter your product number in the form to view various Warranty plans available for that system:

Care Pack Central

CarePack Definitions:

Care Pack Services Definitions

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP devices and technology.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.