LupisTenebris
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Touchpad has completely stopped working

HP Envy
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

So this laptop is a few years old and i just started using a wireless Logitech mouse.. The problem only started today but for some reason the touchpad has completely stopped working, the left and right click wont work either. I have gone into mouse settings and it's telling me that the touchpad is working properly and nothing has been changed. Please help me 😞

5 REPLIES 5
Level 17
Level 17
46,921 41,179 4,484 11,693
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How about identifying your notebook completely. 

There have been many different Envy notebooks.

Which one do you have?

See the sticky at the top of the notebook section.

While booted into Windows hold down the Fn key and tap the  Esc key once. Wait until the system information window opens.

Post the product number here in your thread.

You can click on Accept as Solution if my post or reply was the information you were looking for that helped you resolve your issue.
You can say thanks by giving me a Kudo if my reply helped by clicking on the
0 Kudos
LupisTenebris
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My product number is: F7P6OPA#ABG

I hope this helps :indifferent:

0 Kudos
Level 17
Level 17
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Unfortunately, it did not help.  

Searches on that particular combination of letters and numbers produced no results in Google and HP.

If I do not have a proper product name or product number it is not so easy to help you.  

See the sticky at the top of the notebook section.

I will edit this and place a link below here to try to help you ID your HP product. Done!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Why-is-it-Important-to-Identify-...

You can click on Accept as Solution if my post or reply was the information you were looking for that helped you resolve your issue.
0 Kudos
LupisTenebris
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP assistant is telling me that it is a HP Pavilion dm3 Notebook PC. i looked up this product and they dont look the same 😕 i cant take out the battery, i tried to but im not sure what im doing wrong..

0 Kudos
Level 17
Level 17
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If you can't identify the notebook, how can I help you?

I do not plan on troubleshooting in the blind.  I just don't see that as viable.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation