Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
LupisTenebris Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Touchpad has completely stopped working

HP Envy
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

So this laptop is a few years old and i just started using a wireless Logitech mouse.. The problem only started today but for some reason the touchpad has completely stopped working, the left and right click wont work either. I have gone into mouse settings and it's telling me that the touchpad is working properly and nothing has been changed. Please help me :(

5 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
45635 4310 10953
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How about identifying your notebook completely. 

There have been many different Envy notebooks.

Which one do you have?

See the sticky at the top of the notebook section.

While booted into Windows hold down the Fn key and tap the  Esc key once. Wait until the system information window opens.

Post the product number here in your thread.

Click on the Thumbs up to say thanks .
If your problem is solved or question answered by my post, please click the Accepted Solution button in that post.

0 Kudos
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My product number is: F7P6OPA#ABG

I hope this helps 

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
45635 4310 10953
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Unfortunately, it did not help.  

Searches on that particular combination of letters and numbers produced no results in Google and HP.

If I do not have a proper product name or product number it is not so easy to help you.  

See the sticky at the top of the notebook section.

I will edit this and place a link below here to try to help you ID your HP product. Done!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Why-is-it-Important-to-Identify-...

If your problem is solved or question answered by my post, please click the Accepted Solution button in that post.

0 Kudos
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP assistant is telling me that it is a HP Pavilion dm3 Notebook PC. i looked up this product and they dont look the same :/ i cant take out the battery, i tried to but im not sure what im doing wrong..

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
45635 4310 10953
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If you can't identify the notebook, how can I help you?

I do not plan on troubleshooting in the blind.  I just don't see that as viable.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation