11-02-2016 04:52 AM
I am having problem with my Touchpad since 2 Months. I apply all the method but didnt working at all( install software, and also reinstall windows too) but still this problem occurs,, but working properly with Wireless mouse.
Please help me on this issue.
I have also valid warrenty till 2018. but currently I am using my laptop at Italy Although I buy it in London so what can I do.
11-03-2016 11:06 AM
Thank you for showing your interest in the HP Forums,
I’d like to help 🙂
As I understand the touchpad has stopped working,
Don't worry we will take care of this, together 🙂
I recommend you to uninstall any generic synaptic drivers showing up for the touchpad (if available) under hidden devices from the device manager:
- Click Start, point to All Programs, point to Accessories, and then click Command Prompt.
- At a command prompt, type the following command , and then press ENTER:
- Type the following command a command prompt, and then press ENTER:
- Troubleshoot the devices and drivers in Device Manager.
NOTE: Click Show hidden devices on the View menu in Device Manager before you can see devices that are not connected to the computer.
- When you finish troubleshooting, close Device Manager.
- Type exit at the command prompt.
Note that when you close the command prompt window, Window clears the devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1 variable that you set in step 2 and prevents ghosted devices from being displayed when you click Show hidden devices.
And then download a new version of the synaptic drivers using this link: Click here
If you are able to reach some resolution, please click on Accept Solution to help others with similar issues.
If you appreciate my assistance, please click on the thumbs up icon.
Both icons are below this post.
Have a good day, Ahead.
I am an HP Employee