Itsbk
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Touchpad issue and pathetic HP support

HP Recommended
15q-ds0009TU
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My laptop model 15q-ds0009TU  touchpad coating is peeling off.

A quick search in the HP forums says its a manufacturing defect as may has reported similar issues. Contacted HP support as  my laptop is still under onsite warranty but  they keep closing my case stating odd reasons listed below

- I am not attending their calls. Yes they do call 3 to 4 times in 5 to 10  mins time frame and do not care if I am in a meeting or in the bathroom or if its night or early in the morning. First case [Personal Information Removed]closed

- Opened a new case [Personal Information Removed]after calling HP and they contacted me and asked for photos. Send the pics and case was closed stating details was not clear.

- Called them again and this time they needed a walk around video and reopened the same case number [Personal Information Removed]

- Send them the video and no response. Called them again and came to know they closed the case stating the video is not clear. I requested the staff on call to play the video and see if its clear. The support staff confirmed video is clear and reopened the case.

- Finally got a call from them and said warranty only covers hardware issue and not software? I wonder since when is touchpad considered a software thing.

- Called HP support again and multiple escalations someone (truecaller says caller as Magma)  called back and suggested that they take the laptop to service center. But they why did I opt for onsite warranty?

- Asked them for escalations again and they promised a call back. I specifically asked to call after 3 AM Monday. Not to my surprise they called 5 times between 10.45 and 10.55 AM and closed the case again stating am unreachable?

Please note that no accident or similar has happened to the laptop and no liquid spillage as HP support thinks. At least they should send someone to inspect.

I feel cheated purchasing an HP laptop.  So how do I proceed now?

Suggestions welcome.

1 REPLY 1
The_Fossette
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
29,155 29,127 1,958 2,603
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Itsbk

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please look for a private message from me requesting additional information. Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation