Intern
26 18 0 1
Message 1 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Touchpad not scrolling

Pavillion Entertainment
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My touchpad has lost its scrolling functions since I upgraded to Windows 10, a year ago, and nothing I try can fix that.

I understand Windows comes with built-in drivers for mouse and touchpad, with the basic functions for the cursor. But that Synaptics drivers, with other functions like scrolling, are quickly downloaded and installed.

Well, in my case, it seems that these Synaptics drivers never take over, never get to actually control the touchpad: they seem correctly installed and activated, and I do check the scrolling functions all right; but the touchpad continues to behave as if it were still driven by the basic built-in drivers in Windows.

In fact sometimes I uninstall and totally delete the Synaptics drivers and make do with the basic Windows software; until the next automatic downloading of the useless Synaptics.

Thanks for any help.

11 REPLIES 11
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
19,306 18,978 1,579 2,641
Message 2 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Touchpad not scrolling

Hi,

Since the issue occurred after the win10 upgrade, could you download the latest drivers for windows 10 using the website: hp.com/support with your product number.

If that doesn't work, let me know and i'll help you out!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
26 18 0 1
Message 3 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Touchpad not scrolling

Oh, not again!

Sorry, sir, but that’s something I’ve done a dozen times in these past 14 months – installing the latest drives –, to no avail whatsoever!

So, please, give it as done and the problem unsolved, and help me out with the next move.

But I can mention, in case it helps, this other anomaly following my Windows 10 update: on starting the computer, a pop-up gets displayed every time saying that (I translate) The ordinal 1 cannot be found in the library of dynamic links  C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\SQLUNIRL.dll. This notice I just delete without taking any action and the rebooting proceeds apparently well.

I don’t know the meaning of this, or if it is related to the snag with the touchpad.

Thanks for your reply anyway.

A. Calle

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
Message 4 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Touchpad not scrolling

I understand that you've already gone through quite a lot of steps on your own and i appreciate that, although could you share your pc's product number so that i may get you a more accurate solution?

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
26 18 0 1
Message 5 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Touchpad not scrolling

Oh, thanks a world for your attention.

My laptop is quite old, bought in 2009 (in Spain), but it has been performing very well up to Windows 10.

Its Product number is VJ227EA #ABE

It is a Pavilion dv7-2230es,  Model: dV72230es,  Series: CNF 9427QPC

Besides the anomaly with the touchpad and that pop-up on rebooting, I can also mention that internet, with the new browser EDGE, has become much slower.

Thanks for giving me hope fo the first time after so many trials and inquiries.

A. Calle

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
Message 6 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Touchpad not scrolling

The pc is quite old, i agree with that!

Nonetheless, i've managed to get a few steps to help you out, please attempt all the below steps before you reply!

Step1:

On Microsoft Forums, someone has posted a simple registry tweak that makes Synaptics drivers remembers the settings after the reboot. I have tested it myself. So, here it is:-

Open regedit.exe and go to:-

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Synaptics\SynTP\Install

and change its value to 0.

That is it! Now you set your preferences for the Synaptics touchpad and check after rebooting. The preferences will be remembered this time!

(http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Updated-to-Windows-10-now-touch-...).

Also try, Step 2: 

http://fix4dll.com/sqlunirl_dll

Download & install the fix to resolve the issue with the error message you've mentioned earlier.

And last but not the least:

Upgrade your RAM if all the applications are running slower than usual after the windows 10 upgrade as your computer currently has 4gb of RAM (memory) installed, if it's only pertaining the Edge browser - Please contact the Edge browser manufacturer for further assistance or use an alternate browser instead.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance!
I hope it works.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
26 18 0 1
Message 7 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Touchpad not scrolling

Please, see my answer here as an image of a WORD page with screenshots:

ForHPforumsTouchpad.JPG

0 Kudos
TheHussaini Tutor
Tutor
11 8 0 1
Message 8 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Touchpad not scrolling

@acal

Have you tried clicking on Download once you selected the windows 10 from the drop down, because when you accept to download the same - it should look something like this: (using Chrome).

2.PNG

0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
26 18 0 1
Message 9 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Touchpad not scrolling

Thanks, TheHussaini, for your interest. But I dont't see which download you are referring to.

Also, the screenshot you include fails to appear on my laptop: only a square with a triangle inside.

A. Calle

0 Kudos
TheHussaini Tutor
Tutor
11 8 0 1
Message 10 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Touchpad not scrolling

@acal

I'm referring to the same download button you've posted on the image you had uploaded earlier, once you download the file, install the file and it should resolve the issue.

Also about the Touchpad issue, i suggest you to start using an external mouse if you haven't already got one, as the sypnatic drivers may not be compatible with windows 10 as your device is obselete OR consider going back to win7.

let me know if the dll fix worked though.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation