Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Pavilion x360 convertible 15-br158cl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My laptop had been working very well and Windows says everything is up to date. Yesterday, the touchpad started behaving strangely. It was not following my finger closely or at all. Using a single finger it started enlarging or shrinking the window or going between displaying all windows vs the active one or other abnormal responses. After trying a few different things I re-booted and it worked fine for 5 minutes maybe. I re-booted and it worked OK for a little while, the went wacky again. After the re-boot I did not open any apps in case something was somehow affecting the touchpad behavior. I looked at settings and did not see anything unusual. It was late so I shutdown for the night. This AM everything was perfect for about 15 minutes, then the same business started again, like a rebellious child it would do what it wanted to do and not what I wanted to do. Borrowed a USB cordless mouse from my son and plugged it in. It works perfectly. Also, navigation via touch screen works OK.  Would I be right in thinking it must be hardware (interestingly the warranty expired yesterday) as there were no software changes between times when it worked well and when it started not working well? I was wondering if it just took a few clicks for something to be making contact when it shouldn't? Is there a specific diagnostic that would test this behavior? Help appreciated.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.