Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Touchpad

Pavilion 13-230nd
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
The touchpad on my laptop is disabled and there is also a icon in the taskbar that confirms this, but I don't know how to enable it again..
2 REPLIES 2
MaxJungerius Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Touchpad

I already tried all the function keys and there is no option on the top left of my touchpad to enable it again
0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
16,861 16,714 1,113 1,764
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Touchpad

Hi @MaxJungerius,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

This is a wonderful place to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips.

I reviewed your post and I understand that you want to know how to enable the touchpad on your computer.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

Follow the steps in the below article under “Disabling the touchpad” and enable the touchpad on the computer and check.

If the issue persists, I recommend you uninstall the touchpad driver from device manager and install it from the below link.

http://hp.care/2nikIQ9

Here is how it is done.

Uninstall:

1. Start Control Panel, click Hardware and Sound, and then click Device Manager.
  2. Expand the node that represents the type of device that you want to uninstall, right-click the device entry, and click Uninstall.
  3. On the Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click OK to start the uninstall process.
  4. When the uninstall process is complete, remove the device.

NOTE: On the Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click the Delete the driver software for this device option to delete the driver package that was used for the device.

Install:

Hope that answers your question and you have a great day!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation