Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavillion 15-au151nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have grappled with this for some time now. I have run Microsoft troubleshooters, updated my Intel 620 HD graphics card, ensured that the HID compliant Driver is enabled, ran BIOS diagnostics and all have come back positive that the touchscreen is fine; however, the touchscreen continues to fail at random intervals of use whether I am using it or not. The touchscreen responds again if I close my laptop and reopen it's lid. I have also checked the wiring of the digitizer and monitor and they appear to be fine.

I'm out of ideas.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @jam7x1

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Try these steps -

1)In Windows, search for and open Device Manager.
2)Expand the Human Interface Devices heading.
3)The touch screen device is labeled HID-compliant touch screen, or similar. Right-click the touch screen device and select Uninstall.
4)Confirm the uninstallation.
5) Restart the computer to reinstall the touch screen driver.

Also, try updating the computer - 

Step 1 Windows Updates - 

1) In the search box, type and open Windows Updates. 
2) Check for updates. 
3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer. 

Step 2 HP Support Assistant Updates - 

1) In the search box, type and open HP Support Assistant. 
2) Check for updates. 
3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Sorry for the delay in response, I got extremely busy. None of these solutions worked for me. My touchscreen continues to stop responding after a few minutes of use.

HP Recommended

Thanks for replying @jam7x1

I'd suggest, try re-installing the operating system. Please back - up the data and try these steps -

1) Shutdown the computer. 
2) Turn the computer back on again and repeatedly tap on the ESC until a Startup menu appears. 
3) Press F11 once for System Recovery. 
4) Choose the Keyboard Layout. 
5) Click on Troubleshoot. 
6) Go to Recovery Manager and click on System Recovery. 

Let me know.

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I apologize, but that solution is not realizable for me since I have multiple operating systems, sensitive data and operating system alterations for research. So, there are no HP-specific issues with this touchscreen reported? It seems like an HP program, not Windows is interfering with the driver since Windows does not recognize I have a touchscreen (tablet mode disappears) when it stops responding.

HP Recommended

@jam7x1

I'd suggest you contact the HP Support in your region regarding this issue.

Thanks!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.