Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Touchscreen isn't working, no HID device, others are not working

hp touchsmart 15-d020nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I seem to have a problem with my touchscreen not working.  I'm not sure what happened.  I tend not to restart my laptop right away after updates and one day it rebooted itself in the middle of the night and I woke up to the touchscreen not working.

There doesn't even seem to be a HID device in the device manager, suggesting it's not detecting it for some reason.

I know sometimes these devices are children of other devices (perhaps something to do with USB?), and I have some devices that say they cannot start as well.

Any help if figuring this out would be appreciated.

2016-08-13 (3).png

2016-08-13 (4).png

2016-08-13 (5).png

2016-08-13 (6).png

3 REPLIES 3
Retired
Retired
3,486 2,755 184 356
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Welcome @kb1sph

This is a great place to ask questions, find solutions and get help from others in the community! I will do my best to help you with your Touchscreen and other devices not working or being recognized in your Device Manager. 

Did this happen after you had done a Windows Update?

Have you tried doing Windows Updates again?

Have you tried to run the Windows Troubleshooter?

Have you tried to Perform a hard reset?

Have you tried to Update the graphics driver?

Have you tried to Perform a touch screen diagnostic test in HP Hardware Diagnostics?

Please use the System Restore feature and pick a date that was before the issues started. 

To use System Restore in Windows 10:

• Go to the Search
  • Type Control Panel
  • Click Control Panel
  • Click System
  • Click System Protection
  • Click System Protection Tab
  • Click System Restore
  • Click Next
  • Choose "Choose a different Restore point"
  • Click Next
  • A box that says "Restore your computer to the state it was in before the selected event" will pop up
  • Choose the event
  • Click Next
  • Click Finish
  • Click Yes to Confirm

When the System Restore is finished, you will get a pop up that says it has been completed.

Here is a link to the HP Support Assistant if you need it. Just download and run the application and it will help with the software and drivers on your system that need updating.

Here is a document for you on the Error Code: 10 in the Device Manager. The document is from Microsoft and it is called This device cannot start" Code 10 error in Device Manager in Windows

If this reply helped, please use the Accept as Solution button. If you want to give me a virtual high five, please click the Thumbs Up icon below. 

Please let me know what the results of the suggestions above are. 

Thanks for joining in!

Have a good one Smiley Happy​​​​​​​

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
kb1sph Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Bump....any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
3,486 2,755 184 356
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Welcome @kb1sph

This is a great place to ask questions, find solutions and get help from others in the community! I will do my best to help you with your Touchscreen and other devices not working or being recognized in your Device Manager. 

Did this happen after you had done a Windows Update?

Have you tried doing Windows Updates again?

Have you tried to run the Windows Troubleshooter?

Have you tried to Perform a hard reset?

Have you tried to Update the graphics driver?

Have you tried to Perform a touch screen diagnostic test in HP Hardware Diagnostics?

Please use the System Restore feature and pick a date that was before the issues started. 

To use System Restore in Windows 10:

• Go to the Search
  • Type Control Panel
  • Click Control Panel
  • Click System
  • Click System Protection
  • Click System Protection Tab
  • Click System Restore
  • Click Next
  • Choose "Choose a different Restore point"
  • Click Next
  • A box that says "Restore your computer to the state it was in before the selected event" will pop up
  • Choose the event
  • Click Next
  • Click Finish
  • Click Yes to Confirm

When the System Restore is finished, you will get a pop up that says it has been completed.

Here is a link to the HP Support Assistant if you need it. Just download and run the application and it will help with the software and drivers on your system that need updating.

Here is a document for you on the Error Code: 10 in the Device Manager. The document is from Microsoft and it is called This device cannot start" Code 10 error in Device Manager in Windows

If this reply helped, please use the Accept as Solution button. If you want to give me a virtual high five, please click the Thumbs Up icon below. 

Please let me know what the results of the suggestions above are. 

Thanks for joining in!

Have a good one Smiley Happy​​​​​​​

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation