cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Touchscreen issue

HP Recommended
HP Spectre Folio 13-ak0003ne
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My laptop's touch screen is not working properly. I tried doing the HP Diagnostics UEFI test, only the upper portion of the touch was responsive. The middle and lower portion was not responsive. I tried all of the HP troubleshoot steps for the touchscreen but nothing works. Please help, thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
30,853 30,802 2,552 3,855
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@hlouise  I suggest you check if it works fine on the BIOS screen to identify if it's either a hardware or a software issue, since the driver no longer appears on the device manager, normally, it would after a restart of the device, if you've restarted and yet nothing, we should try the below steps:

• If it works fine on the BIOS (Accessed while tapping F10 during a restart) it's a software issue & I suggest creating a new user account to check if that works better, for starters)
  • However, if it doesn't work within the BIOS either, I'm afraid it's a hardware malfunction and you'll need to Contact HP to have it repaired.

While you respond to that, I have a few more steps that should help:

Attempt to run a test from the HP hardware diagnostic tool, using this link: Click here for details.

If the Touchscreen isn't appearing on the diagnostics, it could again, determine a hardware failure,

If it works on bios & the hardware tests passed: please update the BIOS & Chip-set drivers from the HP website using this link: Click here

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation