Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Touchscreen on my Notebook N5Y90UA stopped working

Notebook N5Y90UA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

A couple of days ago my Touchscreen stopped working. I went online to find solutions from the HP support site, but am unable to make progress. Perhaps I can get help here.

I checked the Device Manager Human Interface section. There are only two devices listed. None have to do with the Touch Screen.

Earlier I downloaded the Synaptics Touch Pad Driver (sp72088). This also did not resolve the isssue.

I did a System Restore to an earlier time (01/10/2017). That also did not resolve the issue.

Then I found the UEFI Hardware Diagnostic Test and did the specific Touchscreen  test. Oddly the Touchscreen worked through the test. I removed all the squares by touching them.

So, what else can I do to get this function back?

Thank you,

Beverly2108

2 REPLIES 2
Beverly2108 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I just found out the Synaptics Touch Pad Driver (sp72088)  was originally automatically installed on my notebook on 01/09/2016. Exactly one year later it apparently stopped working.

I also just found out that the version I downloaded from the HP site earlier did not complete its installation.

Beverly2108

0 Kudos
Beverly2108 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Looks like the community is unable to help with this problem. Oh well... we're probably all here because we have no clue about computers, sort of like one blind person leading another blind person.

Sorry for troubling you.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation