cancel
Pam03 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Touchscreen stopped working after a few months. HID-Compliant touchscreen driver is gone!

Pavilion-14t Touch Laptop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I checked in the device manager for hidden devices under Human Interface devices,scanned for hardware changes, searched for the HID-Compliant touch screen driver. It worked for about 3-4 months. How can I get it and reinstall it?

I

4 REPLIES 4
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
3304 3302 178 337
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Touchscreen stopped working after a few months. HID-Compliant touchscreen driver is gone!

Hello@Pam03,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I have read your post and understand that you need assistance in fixing the issue with the touchscreen on your PC. I will definitely help you.

I was able to find a suitable solution for the issue you have mentioned in your original post.

I request you to follow the steps form the link below and check if that solves the issue.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03488148

Hope that answers your question. Let me know for more.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement.

Note: HP Doesn't recommend any upgrade/downgrade of any hardware/software parts or software that is bundled with the product. It may affect the manufacturer's warranty.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
Pam03 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I went through all of the steps.
The HID- compliant touch screen is gone. It does not restore, or appear as a hardware change. How can I get that driver to install?
0 Kudos
Pam03 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I went through all of the steps.
The HID- compliant touch screen is gone. It does not restore, or appear as a hardware change. How can I get that driver to install? The warranty expired a few days ago. I just want the touch screen back.
0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
20154 20105 1317 2092
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Pam03,

Thanks for replying. I appreciate the time taken to troubleshoot. As I understand you have tried the steps suggested in the previous post and still having the same issue. Don't worry as I have a few other steps which should help to resolve this issue,

Attempt to run a test using the HP hardware diagnostic tool,

If the Touch screen isn't appearing on the diagnostics,

I recommend checking if the Touch is working on BIOS (Accessed by tapping on F10 while restarting the computer).

If it works on bios, it's a software issue: please reinstall windows using the recovery partition or the recovery media to fix the issue

If it doesn't work on BIOS either, it's a hardware failure and you may need to contact HP to set up a hardware repair service. Please fill in the product details to get the tech support number.

Please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone numberCase number and phone number appear.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful,

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation