Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My laptop DOES have a touchscreen. It's been working just fine. Suddenly, tonight, it's not working. I went through all the steps in the virtual assistant. Windows doesn't even think I have a touchscreen, now. I'm not happy, to say the least.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Ferretness

Thank you for posting on HP Forums,

Flower_Bud is at your service.

As I understand, the touchscreen does not work, 

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution:

What is the product number of your device? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824 

(Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...).

When was the last time it worked without these issues?

Did you run a hardware test for Touchscreen on the computer using the F2 key during a restart?

Please ensure you have tried troubleshooting steps mentioned below "Screen does not respond to touch, or responds intermittently" from this article: Click here

Let me know,

Cheers!

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below,

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

HP Recommended

The link you put to find the product number didn't work, but I figured out how to find it.

Product number: N3Y44UAR#ABA

Last time I remember the touchscreen working was within the past month, but I don't remember specifically when.

Yes, a hardware test during startup from using the F2 key was part of the automated assistant.

I think I said before that I followed EVERY STEP the automated assistant had. Yes, this notebook has a touchscreen. Yes, it worked int he past. Now, it doesn't work. It doesn't even exist in the Device Manager anymore. The hardware test during startup didn't work.

HP Recommended

@Ferretness

Thank you for responding,

It's great to have you back 😉

This seems to be a hardware related, I will send you a private message to assist you with the next course of action. Please check your forum private message box next to the bell notification icon on the upper right-hand corner for a private message from me for further assistance.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.