Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Touchscreen stopped working

HP Pavilion 14-b141sa
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

The touchscreen on my HP Pavilion 14-b141sa laptop stopped working yesterday morning. It was intermittently failing to register touch for a while but now it doesn't respond at all.

It did this before a couple of years ago, but luckily I was able to fix it earlier this year thanks to a SoftPaq called SP63116. Now it has stopped working once again and SP63116 doesn't help when I run it.

I tried all of the troubleshooting advice on this page, the official HP help page (short of fully reseting/restoring the system) but none of those solutions worked either.

To be clear, I tried checking everything in device manager, hard reseting, reinstalling the touchscreen driver, installing all available updates, checking I had the latest BIOS and drivers (Couldn't do a component test; that option wasn't on my F2 start-up check anymore strangely...)

And as I said, I tried SP63116 again but all it does, after going through the set-up screens, is flash up for a moment then disappear without doing anything. I'm suspecting because I used it once before/it's out of date.

Any help? It's not the end of the world not to have a touchscreen but it is useful sometimes.

(If it's at all relevant, the battery on the laptop is a bit old and is getting the message it needs replacing. I doubt that would be affecting it though)

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
18654 18600 1536 2583
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Touchscreen stopped working

@Mile_Lime

Welcome to the HP Forums,
I hope you're well 🙂

If the Touch screen isn't appearing on the diagnostics either as you've mentioned,

I recommend checking if the Touch is working on BIOS (Accessed by tapping on F10 while restarting the computer).

If it works on bios, it's a software issue: please reinstall windows using either the recovery partition (f11) if that didn't work, you may want to use the recovery media created shortly after the PC was purchased or order one online, using the Official HP website for Softwares and downloads: Click Here

If it doesn't work on BIOS either, it's a hardware failure and requires a hardware service,

Let me know how that works,

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation