Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion x360 Convertible 14-dh0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

About a month ago my fingerprint sensor stopped working and my touchscreen would glitch when i tried to use my Microsoft surface pen. I made sure my computer was completely updated. I uninstalled my fingerprint driver and and reinstalled it, that fixed my problem. However I've tried the same thing for my touchscreen but with no luck.

I have had my surface pen for about a year and a half, this has never happened before. I thought maybe it was the pen so I tried it on my sister laptop which is the exact same as mine and it works on hers. I then tried her surface pen on my laptop and the same thing happen. When you touch the screen it glitches and does stuff like selecting everything on the screen or will close your windows/tabs.

Any advise would be appreciated!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Zeenat8 

Your fingers and stylus (pen) are TOTALLY 2 different things. Machines with touchscreen may not support styluses at all. You can find many tablets, smartphones will work with your fingers but won't work with styluses (pens).

Back to your machine ? What is

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Spoiler

HP Recommended

Hi, sorry i just tried to copy and paste it. its HP Pavilion x360 Convertible Laptop PC 14-dh0008ca. My pen does work with my computer though. I have used it for a year and a half writing notes and such. Randomly I turned my computer on one day and it wasn't working.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.