09-19-2019 09:20 PM
Hello,I just purchased a new laptop and I am noticing a very strange behavior of the trackpad; in Edge, when using two fingers action to scroll down the page, after two strokes instead of scrolling, the content on the page is enlarged to a maximum size. At the same time, the browser shows it's in 100% size (as if not enlarged at all). This action than trickles down to the desktop, where all icons get enlarged to an enormous size. From there, there is no recovery other than closing the browser.
I own another HP laptop (along with dell and lenovo) but have never seen a behavior like this. I cannot tell if this is a software issue or a bad track pad. This laptop is literally 4 days old and I am considering returning it unless this can be addressed somehow.
Any advise will be greatly appreciated.
09-22-2019 03:22 PM
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.
Apologize for the inconvenience caused, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:
Firstly, run Hard Reset: Follow steps from the link: https://hp.care/2GnkMa8.
Next step, BIOS default:
- Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.
- Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.
- On the BIOS Setup screen, press F9 to select and load the BIOS Setup Default settings.
- Press F10 to Save and Exit.
- Use the arrow keys to select Yes, then press Enter when asked Exit Saving Changes?
- Follow the prompts to restart your computer.
Next, uninstall touchpad device from device manager.
1. Press Windows+X to open the menu, and choose Device Manager on it.
2. In the device manager, expand category "Mice and other pointing devices".
3. Under this category, right click on your Synaptics Touchpad driver and click on Uninstall.
4. You may be required to confirm the uninstallation. Check the box next to "Delete the driver software for this device" and click OK button.
5. Restart your PC for the change to take effect. After restarting. Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.
6. Do not perform any manual upgrades to the driver until it does automatically.
Click here: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04648748 to know more about "Using the TouchPad or ClickPad" (Windows 10)
( refer to Opening the Touchpad or ClickPad Settings )
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee