Error40432 Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Trackpad not responding

Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, so today I noticed that the trackpad of my HP Pavilion laptop had a what looked like a little bit of food on it, so I took a damp washcloth and wiped it off gently just to clean it up, but now that I have done that my trackpad doesn't respond hardly at all, I realize water and computers rarely mix, but I don't know why my trackpad isn't responding, any suggestions on how to fix this problem? I have some spare mice I can use but still not being able to use the trackpad is annoying

1 REPLY 1
Retired
Retired
1071 1010 54 138
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Trackpad not responding

Hello @Error40432,

Thank you for posting on the HP Forums!

I understand that the touchpad on your HP Notebook is note working correctly after cleaning it. I want to help you resolve this issue.

First, please perform a hard reset. Once that is complete, follow the steps in this touchpad troubleshooting document:

HP Notebook PCs - Using the TouchPad or ClickPad (Windows 10)

For specific information, please provide the product number.

Finding Your HP Product Number

I look forward to your reply! If this information is helpful, click the thumbs up.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping.

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation